1. Einstein arrived in the United States from Germany on this day, October 17, 1933.
2. On 17 October 1610, the French King Louis XIII was crowned at Reims after the death of his father.
3. On this day in 1777, the British army under the leadership of General John Burgoyne surrendered to the American soldiers.
4. On 17 October 1807, He would continue to retrieve British-born sailors from American ships and ports, despite having American citizenship, Britain announced
5. Author of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" The poet Julia Ward Howe died at the age of 91 on 17 October 1910.
6. Robber Al Capone was convicted of income tax evasion in Chicago on October 17, 1931.
7. On October 17, 1966, 12 New York City firefighters were killed in lower Manhattan.
8. On 17 October 1973, Arab oil producing countries announced to cut oil exports to Western countries and Japan.